Worried about COVID?
Here are some resources to explore!
Tips for Making a Mental Health Contingency Plan:
- THERAPY SESSIONS: People in higher risk categories (such as older adults, people with serious medical conditions, etc.) might consider contacting their healthcare provider about the possibility of engaging in therapy via tele-therapy or online mental health services.
- PRESCRIBED MEDICATIONS: Consider asking healthcare providers about getting 90-day supplies vs. a 60-day or 30-day supply. If this is not possible, consider refilling medications as soon as they are allowed.
- ADVOCATE FOR YOURSELF: If healthcare providers decline to make accommodations, challenge the decisions at least three times. Decision-making on health plan adjustments may change if/as the public health situation worsens.
- CRISIS PLAN: Have the contact information for Mobile Crisis, NAMI Helpline, Warmline and Crisis Text line available.
- SELF-CARE: Provide self-care, especially if in the higher risk population as defined by the CDC. Pay attention to emerging symptoms. Reach out to family and friends.
Links to Helpful Articles:
- NAMI (3.9.20) – NAMI HelpLine Coronavirus Information and Resources Guide
- VICE (3.5.20) – How to Deal With Coronavirus If You Have OCD or Anxiety
- Rolling Stone (3.4.20) – Coronavirus Is Wreaking Havoc On Our Mental Health
- Today (3.3.20) – How to survive coronavirus anxiety: 8 tips from mental health experts
- American Foundation for Suicide Prevention – Taking Care of Your Mental Health in the Face of Uncertainty
Disaster Distress Helpline – SAMHSA’s Disaster Distress Helpline provides 24/7, 365-day-a-year crisis counseling and support to people experiencing emotional distress related to natural or human-caused disasters.
The state of Ohio has launched a website to with behavioral health resources for responding to the coronavirus situation, please click here to view.
6 hours of soothing music can be found here
Multilingual resources: https://cuyahogacounty.us/more-links/popular-links/coronavirus-multilingual-resources